Anti-Semitism on the Left

 I did not think I was going to get political on my blog. 


Nor did I ever, in a million years, imagine this was the stance I would be taking. 


I grew up a die-hard liberal. 

My views still put me far to the left of many Orthodox Jews. 

But - 

This is the stance I am taking. 

Jews in America have supported and supported racial justice, economic equality, women’s rights, and what do we have to show for it? 


BLM- antisemitic

MeToo- won’t stand up and condemn Hamas violence against Israeli women 


Greta Thunberg-?- supports Hamas


No one will stand for the Jews. 

Liberals have bought the pro Hamas narrative that Jews are colonizers and they, the Arabs (the true colonizers) are the native population. A convenient narrative for Hamas. 

Even if you don’t share my religious convictions, you can look at physical, archeological evidence showing a Jewish presence in Israel far before Arab colonization. You can read Roman or Greek documents. 


Either you believe in science or you don’t.But you can’t claim being educated and enlightened gives you a reason to support Hamas.  


Would you say blacks in America are not native to Africa because they were enslaved in America?

No. That would be outrageous 

Claiming Jews are not native to Israel is the exact. Same. Thing. 


And in any rate, regardless of who belongs where, Hamas kills babies and children. Not just Israeli babies and children.  They have no problem killing their own babies and children, which they then blame as much as they can on Israel.

They are evil. 

The countries supporting them are evil. Maybe not every person in the countries. But the government of the countries.  You can dislike Israeli politics as much as you like.  But no Israeli politician is going to murder you for disagreeing.  Try that in Gaza.  

This is a question of good and evil. 

If you do not support Jews you are on the wrong side of history. 


Liberals, especially you on the left wing of the party, this is my message to you. 

You are on the wrong side of history. 

And if that is not enough to dissuade you, know that Jews all over the political spectrum are waking up to your two faced antisemitism.  We are realizing that Jews don't count as one of your precious minorities.  It is just fine, you day, to kill us.  

Well. 

How much luck will your party have once the Jews are no longer supporting it at all? 

I know the Orthodox have long supported more conservative politicians. 

And trust me, I could write a letter to the Republicans saying the can and MUST purge the radical white-nationalist elements of their party for the same reason.  

But you, purveryors of socially acceptable anti-semitism- 

I consider you like the European population of the 1930s now. 

You are neither friend nor ally. 

It was nice while it lasted. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ramblings of a neshama

How I Accidentally Gave Out Themed Mishlach Manos

What is sleep even?