Crunchy Mom in the Real World

 One thing you might not know about me is my desire to be  a crunchy mom is strong. 


-there was the elimination communication episode (IT WORKED OK! I get really mad about this one) *

-The cloth diapers 

-The replacing all the plastic in my house with glass jars 

-the baby led weaning 

-the baby wearing 

-the breastfeeding 


Success of these endeavors varies. 

Then there were things that crunchy mom "should" do but I definitely don't want to: 

-Skipping vaccinations (I'm pro-vaccinations don't start here) 

-Honestly, after experimenting and failing, cloth diapers

-co-sleeping (NO. I have enough trouble sleeping without worrying about suffocating my infant son or getting attacked by my toddler.) 

Then there are the things I really want to do but can't swing, either because of expense, having to work, or being frum- (hard to be barefoot in the grass when you won't go outside without tights and closed toe shoes) like: 

-eating all organic, preferably home grown

- living in a van or on a farm or something and traveling with my children 


*In short, I potty trained my daughter using elimination communication over teh summer when she was eight months old.  I had to go back to work at the end of the summer and send her to daycare.  They were like "no what are you talking about we're not putting your nine month old on the potty" flash forwards to now, she's definitely not potty trained. I do have an almost two year old who occasionally uses the toilet, but, like most things in my life, there's no rhyme or reason to her doing so.  I'm actually mad about this one because I wasted so much time.  I'm also mad about all the ways work in general has stopped me from being the parent I want to be, but that's another post.


Anyway I have all this desire to be crunchy. And I have all this desire to be yeshivish and fit in with the FFBs. 

And I just end up insane. 

Anyway, gottta go, my newborn is starting to fuss. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ramblings of a neshama

How I Accidentally Gave Out Themed Mishlach Manos

What is sleep even?