Costco

I'm a real adult now, guys.  I have a Costco membership. 

We held out for awhile.  Basically, my husband and I are both very cheap and spent roughly the past year of our married life debating whether Costco would end up saving us money or losing us money.  We're also not in the best financial place right now. But we finally decided that Costco would probably save us money.  And bit the bullet.  Our family is now a card-carrying Costco family.

And let it be said that I do not understand Costco at all. 

Growing up, my mother was very anti-superstore.  I'm not saying I agree with this mentality. But she preferred to spend her money on very specific things.  She would have hated the idea of Costco.  Probably still does.  Maybe that's part of my fascination with places where you can get everything.  (Target, CostCo, the Pittsburgh International Airport...) 
There's also something to do with scarcity.  Growing up, we were well off but also not, and I don't know how to explain it at all without giving out personal information that really should stay between me and a therapist. Unrelated, but I should really just cough up the money to go to a therapist.  
That said, the fact that you can buy in bulk things like diaper wipes and canned vegetables at the same place that sells technology, jewelry, and camping equipment will never cease to amaze me.  It's no Pittsburgh International Airport.  But nothing beats the comfort of the Pittsburgh International Airport it's my safe place and if I could live there, I would.  

Let's hope this turns out to save money.  I'm not particularly interested in jewelry, technology, or camping equipment.  But the diaper wipes might get me...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ramblings of a neshama

How I Accidentally Gave Out Themed Mishlach Manos

What is sleep even?